Have you just opened your restaurant recently and looking to expand your reach to more customers? If yes, then we have the solution for you!
In recent years, the food delivery business has seen tremendous growth. With more people opting for the convenience of having meals delivered to their doorstep, it becomes increasingly imperative for restaurant owners to stay ahead of the game.
In this article, we will cover 6 proven ideas to promote the food delivery business – which means you can get more customers, retain existing ones, and grow your revenue.
So, keep reading and get ready to take your restaurant’s food delivery game to the next level!
1. Create an Online Foor Devlier System
In today’s digital age, just having a physical location for your restaurant isn’t enough. You need to build an online presence to reach a wider audience and tap into the growing demand for food delivery services.
At this point, you’re probably wondering how to start an online food business, and the simple answer is to create a WooCommerce store for your restaurant.
WooCommerce is a free, open-source eCommerce plugin for WordPress. It’s designed to make it easy for small businesses to sell products and services online. With the help of the Restaurant for WooCommerce plugin, you can set up your online food delivery system in minutes. You can manage your menu, process orders, and track deliveries.
Therefore, having a robust online food delivery business can significantly help you promote your food delivery business reach more customers, grow your business, and achieve your goals.
2. Enable Ordering on Social Media
After having an online food delivery system, now it’s time to optimize your social media presence for food ordering. On platforms like Facebook, you can add a call-to-action button to your page, allowing customers to start ordering directly from your profile.
For other social media platforms, you can still utilize your bio to direct customers to your restaurant’s ordering page on your website. To make it even more apparent, consider adding a clear call-to-action before the link, such as “Order Now,” “Get Your Food Delivered,” or “View Menu and Place Your Order.”
3. Use Eye-Catching Food Photos in Marketing
To entice customers, feature appetizing photos of your food in your marketing materials, such as your website, social media, and printed advertisements.
You can use images of delicious dishes on your website, such as a warm bowl of cheese-covered pasta, a crunchy pizza, or a decadent dessert, which can trigger customers’ hunger and make them more likely to place an order.
Additionally, craft your menu descriptions carefully to entice customers further. Consider the following tips for writing menu descriptions that will make your customers’ mouths water.
- Use descriptive language to evoke sensory experiences (e.g., “a velvety sauce,” “crispy exterior”).
- Highlight unique ingredients or preparation methods.
- Showcase dish specialties or origins.
- Use evocative adjectives (e.g., “juicy,” “rich,” and “tangy”).
- Appeal to customers’ emotions and desires (e.g., “indulge in a comforting meal,” “spice up your day”).
4. Offer Special Deals and Discounts
Attract customers with special delivery-only deals. Offer deals that aren’t available for in-person dining, giving them a one-of-a-kind opportunity they will want to take advantage of.
Be creative with your restaurant promotions. You can adjust them to fit the season, special celebrations, and various times of the day. This approach brings diversity and excitement to your offerings, inspiring customers to keep choosing your food delivery service.
If you are out of ideas, then consider these cool promotional ideas:
- “Buy One, Get One Free” – offer customers the chance to buy one meal and get another for free.
- “Limited Time Offer” – create a sense of urgency with a special deal that is only available for a short period of time.
- “Weekly Special” – offers a different deal every week, keeping customers engaged and interested.
- “Early Bird” discount – encourage customers to order earlier in the day by offering them a discount on their order.
- “Loyalty Rewards” – incentivize repeat customers with a loyalty program that rewards them for their continued business.
5. Optimize Your Website for Search Engines
If you are looking for ways to promote your food delivery business in your local area? Then try optimizing your website using search engine optimization (SEO) strategies.
Adding relevant keywords to your website can improve your ranking on Google and rise above your competitors in search results.
Some of the best SEO practices you can implement are:
- Conduct thorough keyword research to identify high-traffic phrases related to your business
- Optimize your website content with relevant keywords, including meta descriptions and alt tags
- Build high-quality backlinks from reputable websites to improve your website’s authority
- Encourage your customers to leave reviews and ratings to boost your online reputation.
- Regularly update your website with fresh, relevant, and optimized content to keep your site relevant and engaging for visitors.
Implementing the above SEO practices can massively give your food delivery business an advantage over the competition.
6. Use Email Marketing Strategies
An email newsletter can be an excellent start to market your delivery business and reach out to potential customers. By sending out regular emails to subscribers, you can offer exclusive discounts and promotions that are only accessible to those on your email list.
One great way to kickstart this strategy is to include a reference link in your welcome email, which directs your customers to your online ordering page. This way, you can make sure that everyone is aware of the convenient ordering service you provide and how they can take advantage of it.
Here are some of the best email marketing ideas for your restaurant:
- Promotional Offer Campaigns: Offer discounts and special deals to your email subscribers, such as a percentage off their first order or a free item with purchase.
- Menu Announcements: Keep your subscribers up-to-date on any new menu items, seasonal specials, or changes to your restaurant’s offerings.
- Customer Appreciation: Show your gratitude to your loyal customers with exclusive offers, like a free dessert on their birthday or a complimentary drink with their meal.
- Behind the Scenes: Give your subscribers a behind-the-scenes look at your restaurant, from kitchen prep to the daily life of your staff.
- Customer Feedback: Ask for customer feedback and use it to improve your restaurant, and share the results and improvements with your subscribers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to promote my restaurant delivery?
To promote your restaurant delivery, you should create an online delivery system, utilize social media platforms, optimize your website for search engines, offer discounts or promotions exclusive to delivery orders, partner with food delivery apps to expand your reach, encourage word of mouth by providing excellent customer service and use email marketing to keep customers informed and engaged.
How to speed up food delivery time?
To optimize your food delivery time, optimize your menu to have quick and easy items to prepare, train your staff on efficient preparation and packaging techniques, use a robust online ordering system for your website, and lastly, partner with reliable delivery service providers to ensure timely delivery.
What are the best times to do food delivery?
The majority of restaurants are usually busy between 5 pm and 9 pm daily. However, the best times for food delivery are:
- Lunchtime (11 am-2 pm)
- Dinner time (5 pm-9 pm)
- Late-night (9 pm-12 am)
- On Weekends (Evening to midnight)
- On Holidays or special occasions (Varies)
That’s it for today!
After you’ve learned how to promote the food delivery business to gain more extensive reach, now it’s up to you to put this information into action. Building your website and social media to the fullest can help drive online sales.
In addition, we highly recommend using the Restaurant for WooCommerce plugin to build your online food delivery system. This plugin will allow you to manage your restaurant’s online ordering and delivery services seamlessly. Moreover, you can create menus, manage orders, and offer delivery options, all from one platform.
So, go ahead and build a robust online food delivery system in minutes, and let the Restaurant for WooCommerce plugin help you deliver delicious food right to your customers’ doors!